Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Confirmation

This nursing program has turned out to be more difficult than I could have imagined. The amount of reading seems to be not humanly possible to complete. And so I doubt. With each test, I wonder how I could possibly be ready. And yet I have been. I have made it through the tests and done well. Surprising myself.
Today was our first day at the hospital, working with a real patient, only one, but still... a real patient in the hospital! This is only our 4th week of school and all of us were nervous. I was REALLY nervous! But this is why I'm doing this, to help people, to use my brain and love of people, gifts from my Heavenly Father.
Today I received confirmation, as I constantly do, that this is really what I should be doing. I have to keep being reminded because I keep doubting. I need to stop doubting and remember the feelings I have had and those I had today walking around the hospital. I can't really describe it, but I know.
I am so grateful to Shelby for supporting me through this when he was supposed to be the one going back to school. Yes he is still in school and seriously is such a good student. It has been amazing to see how the Lord has worked things out so we could both do this and our friends and family who have helped. I will be forever grateful to Jocelyn for picking up Ezra. I know she says it isn't a big deal because she doesn't have him for very long, but it is for me. It is very hard for me and knowing he is with her and her gang helps me so much even if it is less than an hour.
The boys are growing so quickly, Jacob grew another 2 inches and will be as tall as me soon. They are so good. It is fun to watch them interact with eachother because they really love eachother. Reading the scriptures every night together seems to help the family relationships. I suggest everyone try it. We just got back into the habit and have seen a huge difference the past month or so.
There's my update. I'm sure Shelby will keep everyone up to date. . . Mostly. We never got to put up pictures of our annual Labor Day Big Meadow trip (as fun as ever)! or our many trips to my aunt's cabin (always so relaxing). Till next time!

6 comments:

KillmerFam said...

I started reading the scriptures at night with my kids. I know there's a difference, however, since mine are so little, there's little attention span and it seems to be a race to the end of the chapter before the kids get restless. At least there's a routine and eventually we'll get to a point where the kids sit longer!
Congrats on your school successes! I know you both will do well! Keep up the good work!

The Pollocks said...

That's so wonderful! The Lord always continues to bless us through our trials when we give it all we can. Congrats on everything going so well, to the both of you!

shmunn said...

This post is useless without pictures!

Rinez said...

Thanks for sharing your confirmation. It is testimony building for us all! We all have great faith in you, so you better find it in yourself. :) Good job!

Karrie said...

I'll be cheering for you- going to school with a family would be so hard! Esp. for both of you at the same time! You can do it!

(I just got caught up on your blog... it's been too long!)

Johnsons Away said...

Keep it up, you are an amazing woman!