
On this Eve of the celebration of our Savior's birth, I need to let people know how good our Heavenly Father is and how good people are. There is so much negativity and bad that we see in the world, but really there is so much good. Our family has been amazingly blessed this Christmas. Malachi 3:10 says, "Bring ye all the tithes into the storehouse, that there may be meat in mine house, and prove me now herewith, saith the Lord of hosts, if I will not open you the windows of heaven, and pour you out a blessing, that there shall not be room enough to receive it." I have a testimony of this. This year we paid the least amount ever, but it was still a full tithe. A tenth is a tenth. The windows of heaven opened.
This time of year and summer tends to be difficult financially because we have a big break from school and so the little money we have has to stretch farther, much farther. But because of some extremely generous people, some whom have remained anonymous, our Christmas has not been a financial burden. I thought it would not be horrible for our children to go without, so many children do. My mom was going to buy the groceries for our Christmas breakfast tradition at my house. We can always put necessities on the credit card.
But no!
The Lord had other plans and so did inspired people. So we have received gift cards and checks and cash and a fun family game and goodies and fruit and eggs and beautiful and funny cards. My children have seen the blessings come and how the Lord has taken care of us in our time of need. It has been a miracle! My heart is bursting with gratitude and my eyes are bursting with tears. I really can't express what I feel. All I know is I cannot wait to be back on the giving side, but I am going to continue to be thankful for the generosity of others and a loving Heavenly Father who sent His Son for us.
I have learned so much from this time in my life. I am grateful for my struggles that have stretched me and humbled me and forever changed me. I hope I can live worthy of all of the blessings my family has received.
I am so grateful to be celebrating the birth of my Savior with my family. Tonight we will sing songs and read scriptures about this wonderful night that changed the world.
Isaiah 9:6
"For unto us a child is born,unto us a son is given: and the government shall be upon his shoulder: and his name shall be called Wonderful, Counsellor, The mighty God, The everlasting Father, The Prince of Peace."
I have learned so much from this time in my life. I am grateful for my struggles that have stretched me and humbled me and forever changed me. I hope I can live worthy of all of the blessings my family has received.
I am so grateful to be celebrating the birth of my Savior with my family. Tonight we will sing songs and read scriptures about this wonderful night that changed the world.
Isaiah 9:6
"For unto us a child is born,unto us a son is given: and the government shall be upon his shoulder: and his name shall be called Wonderful, Counsellor, The mighty God, The everlasting Father, The Prince of Peace."
3 comments:
Monica, thank you for sharing your testimony and your joy at this Christmas season. You truly have an attitude of gratitude as the Prophet counsels. You and Shelby have given so much over the years,and now you are receiving. You are still giving. Merry Christmas
Monica, you bless so many people all the time! You somehow always make time to be there for everyone who needs you. You're my favorite friend because I know that I could confide ANYTHING in you without fear of judgment and without feeling like I'm burdening you (even though I probably am). You have a gift for knowing just what to do and say. I have to tell you thank you again for visiting me when Lexi was in the hospital. You're visit is what got me through that time. You were definitely Heavenly Father's hands that day.
Monica, I have just decided I am one of the luckiest people alive because I know you and count you a friend. We have had a Christmas or two like the one you are experiencing – I feel sorry for anyone who hasn’t. The lessons learned through humility and receiving feed the soul. Thank you for your testimony my friend,
Susan
Post a Comment