Now... Life!! It is crazy!! No matter what your circumstances, we all have a story. Could I have ever imagined what my life would be. No!! At 21, I became "mother" of an 8, 9, and 10 year old. With Shelby's parents passing just 9 months apart, we chose to raise his siblings, Brian, Keri and Tiffany. They have been the most wonderful children and now, at 19, 20 and 21, are the most wonderful young adults.
This is a bittersweet time for me. It makes me sad for them to be away from home, but at the same time, I am happy that they are doing what they need to do to be successful people. When we took Tiffany up to school, she was scared, I was scared, I cried and cried, she cried and cried. She is now such a grown up, independent woman. Then we took Keri... not so scared, but plenty of tears shed again. The following year (what was their mother thinking) was Brian's turn. He was so ready to be out of the house yet he calls more than the girls combined.
I miss them.
Ezra's Primary teacher gave him a book for his birthday called "Mommy, Do I Have to Serve a Mission?" In it the mommy tells her son, "I will miss you, son, so much it will hurt. But it will be a happy hurt."
Keri left this morning with Merrill to visit his family in Oregon.
"Therefore shall a man leave his father and his mother, and shall cleave unto his wife: and they shall be one flesh." Genesis 2:24.
Keri is leaving us and will be Merrill's wife and it is a wonderful, wonderful thing to witness. I know we will always be close, but he will be her best friend now. This is how it is supposed to be. I am so happy for her. What I did not expect was the hurt, but it is a happy hurt, a very happy hurt!
The good ol' days

5 comments:
I LOVE that picture!!! You guys are adorable! You know, of all the girls in the ward I can tell you that Keri and Tiffany were the sweetest and most friendly! Brian wasn't half bad either. You guys really did a terrific job. I hope my kids turn out as great as yours.
Thank you for the example that you and Shelby have faithfully served all these years. You truly are a selfless woman and I appreciate my long association with you (and Shelby). How blessed the older kids are to have you as their mom/dad, brother/sister-in-law, and friend. You have done a beautiful job raising them and they will soon show you the fruit of your labors!
Monica you can't post things like this. I am totally getting teary eyed thinking about your family's journey that got you all where you are today. What a special time it is for you and the kids, so many big changes and so many blessings. Congratulations on a journey well traveled!
Monica I love you! You are such an inspiration to me. Thank you for your family updates. I have never met anyone just like you- so capable and awesome and a constant reminder that the least I can do is manage since you have under unlikely circumstances!
What a great picture! You are a strong family & it's exciting to hear of upcoming changes, as you will only encounter them well! Congrats to Keri!!
Post a Comment