Tuesday, October 9, 2007

Mom's Life

It seems wedding planning is all I have time for anymore. I did get away to The Ellen show and got to see Ben Stiller. She really is a funny lady. The thing I did not expect was the feeling of having come out of a rock concert. It was LOUD! We made the final cut. They showed my mom dancing quite a bit and Ann and I sitting, listening to the lady from the audience Ellen was interviewing. If you caught the show, then you'll know it was quite an interesting topic that I will not repeat in case little one's eyes are reading.

We also have our ward Primary Sacrament program coming up and I'm doing what I can to help my President with that. I absolutely love the new song "I'll Follow Him in Faith." The words definitely express what my heart feels and I love to hear the children sing them!!
On the home front, Ezra has now lost 2 teeth. He pulled his second during class today. I think by Christmas he may not have any front teeth. Like I said in my last post, my children are so very different, in obvious and not so obvious ways. From the clothes they wear to the way they learn. It has been so neat to watch each of them grow into unique individuals. It goes too fast and with all the busyness in my life right now, I wish time could stand still so I could enjoy each moment more fully. I want the wedding to be over, but then again, I don't. I'm so glad Ezra does not need me to rinse the shampoo out of his hair anymore, but then I'm not. I love that Jacob still tries to sit on my lap, eventhough he's almost as big as I am, because I know that will end soon too. I have watched Tiffany, Keri and Brian grow and go out into the world and they have survived, even succeeded. I love being a Mom.
Sister Beck's talk at conference really made me want to do better. And although my house is not "a house of order" (I'm working on it... maybe after Christmas), I know we are all striving for those qualities she spoke of. I watch women in my ward and out and am amazed at what we are doing! I'm so excited for all of my friends who have just had or soon will be having babies. There are so many of you and I am so glad you do not listen to the world who would convince you that you are crazy! You are not and I can't wait to hold all of them (not all at once of course).
I am so happy to be where I am right now in life, physically and spiritually. I know the Lord puts us where we need to be and we just need to be ready to do what He wants us to do.
OK I did not mean for that to sound like a testimony or something, but I guess it kind of is. Conference can do that to me.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks! You are one the great women Sister Beck spoke of. We are so lucky to have the gospel in our lives and to understand our role as nurturer and example.

Tiffany said...

I've never seen seen the Ellen show, but I'm sure it's fun! It's funny that Jacob likes to sit on your lap still, considering how big he's getting...I can't believe they are growing up, it's too crazy! I miss you too and I can't wait to see you in a little over a month! I love you ;)

Tam said...

Hey Monica,
I know what you mean. I watch my two (4 and 1) growing up everyday and I just want to freeze time.

I had to listen to Sis. Becks talk from the kitchen though and even then it was hard. From there I learned I have a long way to go!!!

OH - Remember me... this is Tamra (wagner) Woolsey

Em said...

I've wanted to go on the Ellen show for awhile, now. It sounds like fun. Anyway, it's amazing how conference can change your week (or month, or whatever), because the spirit still stays with you.
And I'm so excited for Keri!! It's so awesome she's getting sealed in the temple, it's the most amazing experience ever.

Amber Waite said...

Being a mom is pretty great. I can't believe how fast time goes by and how fast they grow up though. By the way I tagged you. Check out my blog and it will explain what I mean. Oh yeah, and let me know when you want to go visiting teaching together.

Eliza said...

We got our invitation in the mail yeserday and I had to say it was so pretty. Keri looks gorgeous!! Congratuations on such a special time for you and your family. I sure wish we could be there. :(

Carla said...

Hey. I intended on calling you today but the boys were not quiet enough for even 1 second! Anyway, you can email me at cmholsonbake@sbcglobal.net or call me tomorrow or I will try to call you. You know what's funny and so sad? I saw on my ID that you guys had called when I got back but you know what? I was thinking it could have been Shelby asking us to give talks so I didn't dare call back. But DON'T tell him 'cause I don't want to remind him that it's been a while ;)

Carla said...

I finished burning all the music to the CD's today... I LOVE all their songs!

Carla said...

I wanted to make sure you got this message so I'm responding to yours here... If you have other people who also want one of the CD's then you can give it to them... I have it saved on my computer so I could make one any time!