Friday, June 20, 2008

I'm IT!

I never do these things, but I've been tagged by too many people to keep ignoring them.
So here you go. This was painful. I hope you are all happy!

8 things I'm passionate about

  1. My husband
  2. My children
  3. My family
  4. Jesus Christ
  5. Serving others
  6. Scouting
  7. The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints
  8. Not judging

8 books I've read

  1. The Book of Mormon
  2. The Hobbit
  3. Gathering Blue
  4. Eldest
  5. The Magician's Nephew
  6. A Swiftly Tilting Planet
  7. Harry Potter (of course all of them)
  8. The Dark Hills Divide

8 things I often say

  1. What do you guys want for dinner
  2. Hang on
  3. Just a minute
  4. Hello
  5. How was your day?
  6. Calm down
  7. Its all going to work out the way it should
  8. I LOVE YOU

8 things I look for in a friend

  1. Makes me laugh
  2. fun
  3. honest
  4. not a gossiper
  5. likes me with all my quirkiness
  6. likes to stay up late and paint nails
  7. knows how to have fun at concerts
  8. Lifts me up spirirtually, emotionally and maybe even physically (you know who you are)

8 things I want to do before I die- this one is hard because I have a very real understanding that we can go at anytime and therefore I will be fine if I don't do these things knowing I will go when my mission here is complete. OK. I'm done.

  1. Serve lots of missions with my hubby
  2. Take all my kids to the Temple
  3. Go on a super long cross country bike ride with hubby, camping and such along the way.
  4. Be in good enough health/physical condition to do that kind of a bike ride.
  5. See the pyramids in Egypt
  6. Pick out my very own house
  7. Attend General Conference in the Conference Center
  8. Be a grandma

8 things I have learned this past year

  1. "You can't always get what you want, but if you try sometimes you just might find, You get what you need" (you guys know that song...right?- if not, you should)
  2. The words to "Pork & Beans"
  3. How to shoot a 357 magnum (more on that later)
  4. I really like The Elyon series
  5. I shouldn't complain, I should always be grateful
  6. I don't have to be involved in everything and neither do my kids
  7. How to blog
  8. How to keep my house clean for more than a day (but now I forget)

8 people to do the 8 things

  1. you
  2. you
  3. you
  4. you
  5. you
  6. you
  7. you
  8. you

4 comments:

Carla said...

For your friends section... I meet 3, 5, 6, 7 and I think I'm doing okay with 4. I'm not sure with number 4, I confide things in my closest friends like what we talked about when I was over there just to get them off my chest or whatever but I don't know, is it gossiping? Am I gossipy? Anyway, I'm a dork!

Anonymous said...

Yay! Go Monica! I love you, my friend! =w=!!!!

Jocelyn said...

Whew! I'm glad I was the 9th person to read this post!

:)

Eliza said...

Monica I love you girl you are such an inspiration to me. It was fun seeing you in Bako and you're right it was not enough time.