Sunday, September 28, 2008

Big Meadow 2008

Every year we go to Big Meadow for Labor Day weekend. I think this was one of the best years ever! The only thing that would've made it better would have been if Tiffany, Brian & Keri and Merrill could have been there.
Shelby found this snake on his way back from his crazy bike ride. He rode down Cherry Hill road 13 miles (down to 6000ft elevation)turned and rode up 10 miles to Sherman Pass(9200ft elevation) and 7 more miles through the mountains up and down back to Big Meadow. He is a STUD! Seriously! The snake rode in his Camelback and was the most mellow little snake I've ever met in the wild. He just let the kids hold him.. or her?? and would curl its tail around their fingers. When they were done playing with it, Jacob and I found a nice big fallen tree with lots of bugs and places to hide and let him go.

The kids just played and played and it was so nice that they are old enough to not have to be watched every minute. Their friend Ethan was up there and so they shot over a 1000 bbs and rode their bikes all over camp. There was a fresh dead cow just out in the meadow. Everyone but me got to see a bear come and snack on it. The next day the bear came back and then another one chased it off to have a turn at it. I was glad the bears had a nice big cow to eat so they didn't have to come into camp and eat our food.
And I was there too!

6 comments:

Rinez said...

There's no place like Big Meadow! We have fabulous memories our many family trips as well as girls camp. So glad you're still doing it!

Brian said...

Sounds like a fiesta! Too bad we couldn't be there. Maybe next year?

Monica said...

bigbigbigbigbigbigbig meadow




ezra Ezra arze %100

Johnsons Away said...

That sounds like so much fun and gives me a good idea of what I get to enjoy in a few years :) Don't you just love boys!!

Anonymous said...

I know what you'll be doing exactly 2 weeks from right now....

Tamara Atkin said...

Hello Monica. It's so good to discover your blog today. I am enjoying this method of keeping up with old friends. Visit me when you come to UT again if you find the time. I live close to and on the way to Provo.