So a lot to catch up on. I've been just a LITTLE busy.
Because of the busyness, I asked the boys to make dinner. They looked at me like I was crazy and I looked at them like I was serious and they got to work. They ended up making french toast and it was soooooo yummy. It can be scary when kids cook, but this was fantastic. Not a single piece was burnt!
They are my boys... so of course it all started with using kitchen utensils as weapons and goofing around.
But then they got down to business!
So here is Ezra, our beautiful rainbow, our tumblweed field and our school.
and some friend of the girl who lives across the street-he was taking a pic too
Big dirt jumps
Mud puddles
Tumbleweeds
Room to roam
Add that to a 3 day weekend and you get a neighborhood full of happy, muddy boys!
I went to my first Girl's Camp meeting last night with the girls I will be working with. I was nervous for a lot of reasons.
The age group
The gender
Another thing to do
Could I do another thing
And then I went to the meeting. And those girls were sweet and hilarious and just what I needed. And I hope I can be just what they need!
7 comments:
Picture #1... I LOVE it! I'm glad to see that your boys do this too, maybe now I won't be so grumpy with mine when they do!
PS- So I hear you're a procrastinator...
I get just as excited as your boys when I see a rainbow. They bring me close to God. And Monica, you are going to be so good with those girls; a true bright light to follow. No worries!
Full plates can be intense, but doable. Just be sure you take time for the important stuff and make sure you make time to smell the roses. Let the trivial stuff wait or forget it all together. I’m sure you guys will make it just fine. I am a big fan of breakfast for dinner and a big fan of French toast. Yum!!
I love the pictures! The weather there HAS been wonderful, which is great! You will also do a great job with the girls, you are always SO much fun to be around!
The pictures are so cool. I love this weather also.
"They looked at me like I was crazy and I looked at them like I was serious." = Genius. I caused a scene at work because of laughing so hard.
The boys cooking... that scares me. I'm glad our place of residence remains intact! :)
Oh, and that picture of the rainbow made me totally miss California weather.
That is all.
I LOVE the rainbow! Great picture! Good Luck with gurls camp! I have 3 girls but haven't been called to do anything with the Young Women yet, whew! I don't know if I could do it!
Becky Ganiere
p.s. someday i will get down to making you the Jack Skellington thing I have for you and hevan't had time to get to since Halloween!
Post a Comment