Tuesday, August 11, 2009

If Britney can do it, so can I!!

I told Britney I was going to title my blog after her because she finally posted on hers. I said I would do better over the summer, but I just haven't felt like blogging. I have so many nice pictures to share, but everyone is just going to have to come over and look at them on my computer if you really want to see them.
I figured it out though. Why I'm not a good blogger. Why I'm not good at keeping my house as clean as I would like to.
I like people
NOT things.
I would rather babysit my friends kids, play with my own, hang out with my husband than do dishes. Talk with people, not type on a computer.
So no more promises, I may or may not keep up with the blog. I have too much going on with the people in my life. As much as I would love to chronicle all our goings on, I think I'l just do what I'm going to do right now.
I apologize now for the randomness, but there are somethings I want to have recorded for later reading by myself and family.
Events I wanted to blog about, but never got around to.
Coachella- April 2009
My brother came to California to visit my grandparents, aunts, uncles, cousins and we drove down south to do the same. I still marvel at the miracle of my brother's life. I don't believe in coincidences. People are put in our life for a reason. I think of Shannon and Paul and how he was a match and able to extend her life so we all could have her around a little longer. My brother's girlfriend's mom was a match. We are forever grateful for her gift. Not coincidences these people met and love.
Back to the trip. Lot's of fun was had and pictures taken. My boys love to be around all of the family. I learned more tamale making skills and love every moment with my grandparents. I had a great time with my cousin Santiago. Too much too explain there, but let's just say he really was sad to see me go. I need to go back and visit again soon! Cruising in my aunts convertible. Holding my cousin's brand new baby boy! That's gotta be my favorite thing in the world to do!
Jacob's Spring concert- May 2009
He played with the Jr. High orchestra. For such a shy boy, he really loves performing and did a great job!
Birthday Girls- June 2009
My girls turned 22 & 23. CRAZY!!! I could write a novel about them. I love you girls! Amazing girls.
Jacob's Birthday, Cub Scout Day Camp, Utah/Idaho-Keri's graduation- July 2009
11 years old. No longer a cub scout. He is so good and smart and funny. Growing up too fast.
Day camp was fun just like every year. This was my 4th year. I have to take next summer off as I will be in school so one of the Monica Ward moms gets to step up. I'm really jealous. They just have to promise to take lots of pictures for me.
Keri's graduation was great. We took her and Merrill out to lunch. I just still can't believe she is going to be a mommy!
We had a great time hanging out with Tiffany...swimming and bowling.
Finally down to Provo to visit Brian where we hiked Y mountain and ate at Cafe Rio.
It was a great trip and maybe I'll put up pictures later. . . maybe.
Ezra's Birthday- August 2009
Spent the day at McMurtrey Aquatic center, pizza for dinner and champagne cake from Smith's (a family tradition). Brian's birthday is this month too, so happy early birthday Brian!!
School starts this month for the boys, in September for Shelby and I.
Shelby has been working all summer waiting for school to start. He didn't like being out of school for the summer because he likes to be moving forward, but there was nothing for him to take. The school district called me and it looks like they have some work for me, so I'll be teaching a little before Cal State starts. It's really been neat to see the Lord's hand in all of this. the money I make from teaching will help A LOT! We really have been carried through this year and I know we will continue to be. I am so grateful. Grateful to family who has helped, grateful for employment opportunities that have been there, grateful to my Heavenly Father who has provided it all!

2 comments:

Carla said...

I'll be over to see the pictures very soon. And I am not joking. Maybe tomorrow or Thursday? Let me know a good day.

PS- Are you ready for the school year craziness to start!?

Rinez said...

Oh, Monica, it's good to read your entries and feel of your happy spirit and faith. Thank you for referencing Shannon and Paul. It's so true! And I'm happy that your brother is doing so well. There are definitely still miracles.