Sunday, April 4, 2010

Blessings

Conference this weekend was truly incredible. All the talks on family, mothers, daughters, daughters becoming mothers, the priesthood, the Savior, rescuing, forgiveness, children, death, eternal life, obedience, trials, and on and on. I am so grateful for all of the words spoken this weekend and the spirit witnessing of the truthfulness of them. I never think I could love my family any more than I do, but then this weekend came and my love grew. Not only for my family, but also for my Savior and for those around me.

I have been thinking a lot about family. Every time big events happen in our family and I guess even when little ones do, I think about Bob and Pam, Shelby's parents. With the birth and blessing of this little one, I've thought about them a lot lately.


She didn't really like getting dressed. She likes relaxing in a onesie.


But she calmed down once everyone stopped fussing with her.

I don't know if I'm "grandma" but I do know that Pam would want me to treat this little one as if I was. So no matter what she calls me, I will love her and spoil her and visit her like a grandma does. Just like I love her mama and her aunt and uncle. A friend asked once if I really felt like I loved Tiffany, Keri and Brian like my own. I didn't even think twice. Of course I do. And now with them all away, it seems even stronger. I worry about them. I miss them. I'm proud of them and I think they don't call me enough or visit enough. I don't think we would go out of our way to visit them so far away on our current budget like we do if there wasn't something more there. Well maybe. . .
I always wanted lots of children. I just got mine in a different way than most.

3 comments:

keritew said...

I love you too! Thanks for coming up to see us! We would visit you more often if we had the money. Someday we'll live closer (we're planning on California after Mexico) and we'll see each other more often. And didn't I tell you I'd have girls for you?

Rinez said...

Monica, you continue to be the angel I love. Thank you for your beautiful example of all that is good!

Stake Camp Directors said...

I am constantly amazed at your goodness. I aspire to be YOU!