Monday, March 17, 2008

Happy Birthday and more Good News!

Happy 81 Grandpa!

Last year's party got a little crazy.

My brother and sister ended up in the pool.

It was quite entertaining!

My grandma and grandpa were always an example to me growing up. They were an example of real love. My grandpa worked on a ship and was away from home for months at a time. It seemed he wrote letters constantly to my grandma. When I would visit her, she shared some of them and they were filled with the sweetest words. When he was home, those same sweet words were constantly expressed...

"Love you forever and a day"

It was because of them I knew love could last forever. My grandma has been gone nine years now, but my grandpa continues to be an example of love and hardwork to me.


And what a better day to hear more good news about my brother. He's had two more appointments since my last post and the prayers are working. Everything is still on for the transplant. The date has been moved, but that just gives us all more time to make arrangements to be with him. Please continue to pray.



My brother and I in S.F. about a year ago.

2 comments:

Carla said...

Your Grandpa is cute! I love Grandpas! I MISSED you on Sunday. James did not have a good time at all... He threw a couple of tantrums for Alison and Sis. Carter before I finally realized that he just wasn't going to calm down. So I sat with him in class the ENTIRE time. Both boys were bratty and embarassing during sacrament too... sigh! haha. Do you know anything about the primary presidnecy yet? You're still gonna be in it, right?

Jordan and Nikki Brown said...

What a sweet tribute to your grandpa. I'm sorry to read about your brother & I will definitely keep him in my prayers.