Thursday, July 17, 2008

CSI: Cub Scout Investigation

As I wait for the camp t-shirts to wash on the eve of the last day of Cub Scout Day Camp, I needed something to pass the time.
These are my Cub Scout Investigators
...in disguise of course...
Every year day camp rolls along and every year it just so happens that I am the only one who can go. And I LOVE it! I really do! About 5 1/2 hours/day all week outside with 8 boys (this year) walking to different stations...Archery, crafts, water games, learning, but mostly having FUN!! I love to see how much they really enjoy themselves. Its really hard to describe it and the pictures just don't show the laughing and craziness, the discovery and excitement.
*Hitting a bullseye*
*Getting to dress up, be silly and pose ever so seriously with your friends *
*Breaking codes*
*Going on arrow hunts*
*Playing with Mackenzie-The favorite Boy Scout helper*
*Making wallets to hold your badge*
*Bloody noses and choking on Jolly Ranchers*
*Holding real animal skulls*
*Learning to track*
*Being Boys*

Honestly I feel so blessed to be able to watch these boys as they have the time of their life. Every year the countdown to day camp starts when summer comes. This is Jacob's last year, but next year will be Ezra's first real year and I hope nobody else will be able to give up a week to go to day camp... well, maybe I could let one more mom spend the week with us.

Maybe?


2 comments:

Rinez said...

Monica,
Your enthusiasm for the cubbing program is so gratifying and I wish I could just infuse it into the other members of our stake. Thank you for sharing!

Johnsons Away said...

You are so good, you were meant for the boys:) Our ward is blessed to have you in it and in you calling. I love working with you.