Monday, June 1, 2009

So behind

I remember saying something along the lines of "If we make it through this term, we deserve a holiday" or something like that.



Shelby made it!!



I am having trouble!!



Finals are next week and I'm feeling like I can't pull it off. I've done great so far and now I just need to finish. I am not a good finisher. Scares me for the next 2 years of a super intense Nursing Program. Makes me want to back out. I'll find out if I am accepted in about 2 weeks. I could go see where I stand as of right now compared to the other applicants, but I just want to know when it is official...not unofficial.



I told Shelby tonight, "I am NOT Superwoman like you are!"

and I mean it. he is. When he was in school he did dishes and laundry and stayed on top of it. Meaning not only did it get done but the clean stuff got put away. Amazing. I have never been that good. and now that he is working, he's still doing more than me. Like I said. AMAZING! I can't finish a simple lab report or make dinner for my family. We had cereal before Ezra's very first ever baseball game tonight and top ramen after.



But enough with the pity party.



I am grateful for my husband who supports me in all I do. We had our 14th anniversary last week. 14 YEARS!! That is crazy. I love him more now than ever.



I have great, smart, sweet kids. All who are now big enough to not have those problems all my friends with little ones have. This is both nice and sad because I know how fast things go because of my great, smart, sweet big kids.



Speaking of big kids... Keri is graduating!!! in July and as long as she can still get us tickets we will find a way to go. I am taking donations if anyone has some spare cash laying around- highly unlikely!



My brother is coming to visit!! We saw him a few months ago, but I'm still real excited. He had his one year transplant anniversary at the end of April. Very exciting!!



SO much more has happened and after the 11th you will be bombarded with updates.



This summer the boys and I plan to hang out with friends, swim, spend lots of time at the library, READ and play video games.

I cannot wait!
pray for me please...I am serious

8 comments:

Carla said...

You can do it Monica! Only another week or two and then you are done and can hang out with your boys. I'll pray for you anyway though.

Where is Shelby working?

SO awesome that Keri is graduating!

Anonymous said...

good luck Monica...I know you can do it! You have already done all the hard stuff!
:)
~

Rinez said...

Sweet Monica, you stop bashing yourself and look at all that you've accomplished. You and Shelby are two different people and therefore, have different gifts. Be true to yourself and stop comparing. You are a daughter of God! You are going to be a fabulous nurse; I know that because you are fabulous mother! Hang in there! You will do it and so will Shelby! You are definitely in my prayers!

KillmerFam said...

I only work part-time and still can't get the clean laundry put away! You're doing fine. Just breathe and take it one thing at a time. There will be a break soon!

Em said...

Good luck with finals!! I know you can do it!

Carla said...

Okay, it's the 11th- I'm ready for the bombardment of posts that you promised.

Carla said...

I'm sorry for leaving so many comments (now you guys know I don't have a life)- Can you guess what Devonn's listening to right now? Dueling Banjos- I turned around to see when in the world he downloaded it and he was looking at your blog! I'm thinking Shelby may have made the playlist? Pure Awesomeness.

Monica said...

Carla, you can leave as many comments as you want! And yes, Shelby AND the boys made that playlist! I really need to update it. Just for a change.