Friday, January 9, 2009

IRRESPONSIBLE FATHER..........

.......With school starting on 20th, I am trying to get in some rides before the crack-down. Over sleeping is a problem when you have no job or responsibilities. I did see my kids off this morning & layed back down to listen to Scott Cox on the radio talking about what he and other callers learned to drive in....
I guess it was boring enough and I fell back asleep.
Oh well, late start.
I told Monica I was going to go up the canyon and ride Cow Flat road, since the Forestry gates are closed and no motor traffic would be up there.
Leaving at 10:00 from home, I figured I would have enough time to make it to Breckenridge Road from the Kern Canyon with plenty of time to pick up Ezra @ 2:05-Didn't happen-I was taking more pictures than normal-making my ride time longer.
Do you remember Presidental candidate Hillary Clinton? Well, in her travel across the country, she commented more than once that, "I't take a village to raise a child...", Well today was my turn to have my village (next door neighbor) pick up my children from school. The only problem was that there was no cell phone reception @ my turn around point-Breckenridge Road @ 1:00-Ezra gets out of school @ 2:05....
Well lets see how far I need to go to get reception-
Posted below are pictures of why I don't mind letting my village raise my kids if I may be late.
Enjoy!
Here we go!!!!!

1st Sign That the first section of climbing is almost complete.

Can you see Oak Flat Fire Lookout?


The cloudy haze where we live..
One of those fancy riding while shooting pics..
OOOOOOOOOOOOHHHHHH-Nice trail & suns out too!
Weekend getaway?
Didn't think it was that cold-ice covered puddles..
Locals..
Hwy 178 & river way down there..
SO WHAT!!!!!
Cow Flat Creek already flowing..
Good thing Bears aren't active from Halloween to Easter-right?
For Sale by owner early model Ford Station Wagon-Needs TLC..
The leader-more Cowbell please..
Gotta love that dark gray layer o' whatever..
Turnaround @ Breckenridge Road..
Cold & Foggy..
Snow-not too close, not too far..
Remember I said, "How long before I get cell reception?"
Well this is the point-just on time to call Monica @ 2:04 before Ezra gets out -1 minute to spare
Another shot of Hwy 178 & Kern River-way down there..
Money Shot$$..
My kind of sign-doesn't look like others like it though..
Almost there-little Suburban all safe and Kozy..
Recommended!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

10 comments:

Carla said...

HAHA this is too funny!!! Maybe you should start your own blog, who cares if you have all your evil conservative links and stuff!?

PS- I'm jealous, I wish my kids were in school so I could see them off, listen to talk radio, and go back to sleep.

Jocelyn said...

Love the money shot and the creek. I'm always there and can get Ezra anytime you feel like being irresponsible again. :) But only if you post about it on here, this was great.

Anonymous said...

Definitely Loved hearing from the other Munn.

Papa Randy said...

You gave up lunch with us to ride a bike. OK. I'll try to understand.

Tiffany said...

This is awesome Shelby! I'm glad you are enjoying yourself away from school and having no job. Nice photos too! ;)

Rinez said...

You really did enjoy a getaway! Beautiful day. Thanks for sharing the photos.

Johnsons Away said...

Those are some great photos, I love the $$ shot.
Now you know where you get reception for next right??

Em said...

Sure sounds like a lot of fun! Great blog, btw!

Janna said...

Hi Shelby and Monica-
Wow! Beautiful shots. John wants to know how you get to that trail.
John and Janna Hart

Keri and Merrill Tew said...

I'm in love with your pictures. You take pictures like a pro. You should pick up freelance photographhy as a hobby--get a few extra bucks here and there XD I especially love the picture taken while riding. You've got skill.