At the First Presidency Christmas Devotional, President Uchtdorf spoke of his most humble Christmases being his most memorable and so I didn't really worry about Christmas. Brian and Tiffany were coming down and my uncle from Florida. Christmas would be good.
We read the scriptures everyday. The Friend (Children's Church magazine)had different scriptures to read for everyday starting Dec. 1st to the 25th. Little did I know they started with the prophecies of Isaiah of Christ's birth through the Savior's life and death and beyond. It was a wonderful way to focus on the Savior this Christmas as a family. And so all month we were focused on what was most important and so the things that are not so important but are fun ( you know... the presents) took care of themselves and our children were able to have a spiritual and fun Christmas.
We were able to teach them of Heavenly Father's love for us.
Of the blessings of tithing.
Of reading our scriptures.
Of Prayer.
And with that... Here's Brian in his stylin' jacket we got him.
And so the funniest part of Christmas. My mom had bought the boys a Wii, but she does not come over with her gifts until later in the morning. Well we had gotten them Rock Band. We always wait for things to get cheaper and they have been wanting it forever. So they come out Christmas morning and see Rock Band and are so excited after realizing its for them...Tiffany and Brian totally pretended like it was for them and the boys are so sweet and naive, they believed it for a minute. Well... then they saw it was for a Wii and I said I guess we'll have to go exchange it.
Jacob: Can you do it today?
Me: Well... no, everything is closed, its Christmas.
Jacob was dissappointed but so sweet about it. They then unwrapped another gift to both of them and it was a lego Star Wars game for Wii. This time I had to apologize and Shelby acted like he thought all the game systems were the same and didn't it work for the PS2. They truely believed their dad didn't know. HA!! A little while later nana arrives and they open their gift from her and start jumping around yelling we got a Wii!!!!! They were genuinely surprised. And relieved they didn't have to wait until the next day to play with their Christmas toys.
And Shelby got me a new bag for school. I needed one desperately that I could use to carry lots of stuff while riding my bike and he delivered like he always does!! That bag is seriously deceiving. It is HUGE inside and totally cool and functional. I am so excited to use it!
Hope everyone had a great Christmas!!
More to come:
Utah
and I guess I've been tagged...again
Thanks Eliza!
I don't normally do them because basically I can be a flake when it comes to things that are not necessary, but I'm really gonna try to do this one, just for you Eliza.
6 comments:
I am so glad your Christmas was so cool, but it’s your own fault. It’s is because you and your family live the law, “But seek ye first the kingdom of God, and his righteousness; and all these things shall be added unto you”. Father is obligated and very happy to bless you by opening the windows of heaven. A simple truth but sometimes hard for most people. Merry Christmas and I hope 2009 is even better for your family.
Your Mom is officially the coolest Grandma ever!!! It's absolutely crazy the way things work out so perfectly, huh? Heavenly Father does just poor forth blessings on us when we do our best. I can't wait to see your tagged post.
I love stories like that...Heavenly Father sure does bless us when we strive to do right. Sounds like you all had good fun!
Oh, and this is my new blog since my old one somehow got deleted :(
What a wonderful Christmas you had. I agree with Papa Randy. You reap what you sew and the blessings you receive are most deserved.
That is so great. The Lord is amazing :)
Hey Monica! Hope you got my Christmas Card. I miss you so much! As your entry began I lost my job/ decieded to be a stay at home mom this year (may 08) and Dear hubby says lets buy a house! He has amazing Faith. So far we have been blessed.. Just like you said bills paid and food to eat. Pretty healthy kids. I miss you! Maybe we can visit in Feb when I come to town.
Post a Comment