So this blog thing was really hard to get into, but I do have a few people who read it and its an easy way to share what's going on with the family with those who live far away and even those who live close. I have never used this as a way to vent, but there are so many things going on and I need a public place.
You all know I love to talk. Usually about nothing. I cry all the time, but everything is always fine. There are so many things I am feeling right now and they're not even all about me. I don't know if its a curse or a blessing the way I feel so strongly about things, especially others. Right now I am feeling grateful, frightened yet excited and sad yet hopeful.
I hardly update this blog, but I do check up on my friends' all the time. There are two blogs that I found through Mandee's that I read everyday, because they are clever, uplifting, and inspiring. I'm sure some of you may have come across them, cjane and nienie. Cjane is witty and just plain hilarious. Along with her hilariouty (is that even a word?) is a heart I just adore. She is a talented writer and is able to communicate that heart of hers in a way I only wish I could. Her sister nienie has her own flair for blogging. She simply writes about her life and her love of it. She has honestly inspired me to be a better wife, mother and person through her blog. Did you see what I just wrote?? THROUGH HER BLOG!! I, of all people, would never have thought I could have become inspired by a blog (OK maybe Lacey's, but that's because I know her).
So nienie, or Stephanie, is wife to one and mother to four and her and her husband were in a plane crash and critically injured and my heart is broken yet waiting to see the miracles.
For the longest time I lived in fear. I was scared everytime Shelby and I went to the Temple or anywhere without the kids. What if something happened to us? If Shelby was late, my thoughts automatically turned to the worst. Anytime anything bad could happen, which is pretty much all the time, my mind would race to that thought. And then one day sometime in the last year or so, I realised something that had been right in front of my eyes, something I have read in the scriptures I don't know how many times and had witnessed for the previous 10+ years!!
Bad things happen. Terrible, tragic things happen. I had seen my aunt bury her 13 day old baby and then just a few years later her 2 1/2 year old. I had seen my husband and his three little (quite little) brother and sisters lose their parents 9 months apart. Another young cousin die. My grandpa lose his best friend, my grandma. Organ failures and transplants. There is war and hunger all over the world we can't even begin to comprehend. Through all this we make it, we even succeed.
My aunt could drown in her sorrow, but she doesn't. She is the most kind and caring and giving person. Shelby and the kids have done amazing things. They have turned out to be wonderful people even exceptional people. I have witnessed the miracles that occur as we go through this life full of trials. God has given us the strength and courage we need to get through. I can't imagine what Shelby's mom was thinking and feeling as she lay in the hospital, the worry for her little ones. I hope I have loved them enough, the way their mom would have.
I do not live in fear anymore. We have a Heavenly Father who loves us and is constantly looking out for us. He prepares us to withstand the trials that are placed before us and gives us the support we need. If anything should happen to me or Shelby I know my boys would be taken care of, just like Tiffany, Keri and Brian were. And because of all of this I know the Nielson little ones are being watched over and I'm sure Stephanie and Christian are so grateful for their family and the prayers being said in behalf of their family.
Because I believe so strongly in the power of prayer, I hope that the few people who do read this will please add the Nielson's to their prayers. I KNOW it will help this family.
3 comments:
I have been checking Cjane's blog constantly hoping for some miraculous update. I feel like this post was just for me Monica! I worry beyond description when Devonn's late or when we go somewhere without the boys. I'm serious! I only want our boys to be raised by us (or you or Stephanie lol) not by their grandparent's. And I had this terrible dream last night about something really really bad happening to one of the boys, I felt like throwing up afterwards and I couldn't go back to sleep so reading this and realizing Heavenly Father's love for us has helped me calm down a bit.
Monica that was beautiful. You have always inspired me you are an amazing person and I feel so blessed that I got to meet you and that I can stay connected with you through your blog. I always check for updates from you so I'm so glad you decided to post more often. Good luck with kindergarten you will do so good. Those parents are lucky to have you.
Oh Monica,
I love you. I have always thought of you being the strongest, wisest, kindest, warmest, and just the most loviest of people. I have always wanted to be a better person after visiting with you.
I have lurked around the corners of your blog, but only recently figured out how to add comments. Yep, I am none to swift with the whole blog thing.
Good luck this year. Kindergarten ROCKS!
Post a Comment