Tuesday, August 19, 2008

My Brian

This picture was taken just before I met Brian. The first time I ever saw this little boy he came with his big brother to pick me up for dinner with the family. Little did I know he would become such a big part of my life. When he was little he loved to sing -That hasn't changed- His mom would have him perform the latest song he learned from church or school for us. He was her pride and joy! (Sing it with me) That would just be the beginning of the MANY performances we would attend for this young man. Music became his passion and still is.
Now if only he could get into that darn BYU music program.
Yesterday was Brian's 20th Birthday. The picture below is from last year's birthday. That was a good one. All the kids came home and we all spent the day at the beach celebrating. This year however, was not so great. Brian had planned to come home, but due to technical difficulties, was not able and we could not go up to Utah, considering it was the first day of school yesterday and a multitude of other factors.
I just want Brian to know how much we love him and how much we miss him!
We really, REALLY do!
Brian is such a talented, kind, brilliant, giving person.
I am so glad I get to be his "mom"
I know his parents are proud of the man he has become and will one day get to tell him for themselves, but for now that's my priveledge.
He is living proof that great things come from tragedy, that it is up to us what we make of ourselves despite our situation.
HAPPY BIRTHDAY BRIAN!!!




3 comments:

Brian said...

Thanks! I really appreciated that! Oh, and nice pic (the first one). I'd forgotten how much I hated the 90's.

Carla said...

Oh my gosh look how cute Brian was when he was a little boy!!! Keri and Tiffany were pretty cute too, I love their 90's dresses!

Tiffany said...

Oh, those pictures bring back old memories, haha. Gotta love the 90s though! ;)